[OpenLayers-Users] WMS layer overlay on google map

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Wed Feb 4 04:30:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to overlay a WMS layer on google base map (Google Physical).
The image that I have is a raster data and am using MapServer to show
the image.
The data is in Transverse Mercator projection.

I'm able to get the image when I hit the mapserver url in the browser,
provided i give the extent in meters for that particular country but
using OL, i get only a blank image.
The projection is 4326 in the map file.

OL code:
var twms1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
"Land_use_cover_from_SPOT","http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?",
            { map: "Land_use_cover_from_SPOT.map",
            units: "m",
              transparent: 'true', layers:"Land_use_cover_from_SPOT",
              format: 'image/png',
            maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(1610000,6568500,1638000,6594000),
              //maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(60,0,100,40)
              //maxResolution: 156543.0339,
              projection:"EPSG:4326",reproject:false

            },{singleTile: 'true'});
map.addLayers([twms1]);

Does some one know how to project transverse mercator on Google map??

Please help.

Thanks & regards,
Subha