[OpenLayers-Users] Performance of own (vector) data in Open Layers

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Thu Feb 5 09:33:36 EST 2009

Dear Mika, Dear Christopher,

thank you again, these informations are really new for me.

>In general, the latter is based entirely on the type of features: there
>is usually not a *significant* difference i parsing time between
>different formats of vector serialization once you've whittled
>the result set down to the IE6/IE7 limit of ~100 features.

I understand right, more then 100 features at a time provocate a delay?
100 features is not sooooo much.....

>Perhaps, we will come up with more concrete ideas after you have also
>brougth about something more concrete.

In the moment I use a Mapbender-lot:

http://www.gastronomap.de/mapbender25/frames/login.php?&gui_id=gastronomap&name=gastronomap&password=gastronomap&mb_myBBOX=3435722.5,5792615.5,3435922.75,5792816

If you zoom out, you can see there are about 500 elements (in a wms) at a time, thats what I want to integrate in Open Layers in a performant way.

>Once you've optimized the server side, investigating different options
>on the client side should be relatively simple, but pick one at a time
>and optimize.

Can you give me a hint please?
What kinds of options are these at the client side?

Thank you again for your help,
Best regards, Kai
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a