[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom bar without pan controls

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Feb 9 07:08:55 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:23:11AM -0800, Derek Watling wrote:

> Thanks Ivan
>
> I don't really want to start hacking the code because when the next version
> is released I will have to remember to go and re-hack it. Hopefully
> Christopher and the excellent team at MetaCarta will pick up on this and
> implement a "ZoomBar" control in a future version (wink, wink, nudge nudge).

Christopher has not done most of his  work on OpenLayers for MetaCarta
for more than a year, and does almost all work for OpenLayers on his own
time.  Suggesting how people should spend their free time is rude, and
demonstrates a lack of support for the open source nature of the
OpenLayers project. Even if this were not the case, suggesting the
priorities for any company without demonstrating some sort of expected
compensation for that company -- especially in an open source project,
where anyone has the ability to implement the feature in question -- is
equally rude.

If you want something, pay someone for it, or do it yourself. Don't
suggest that you can somehow change the priorities of a company or
developer in some other way.

OpenLayers is open source for a reason. Take advantage of it.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta