[OpenLayers-Users] Strange behavior in IE6...

_greg_ gstopar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:07:34 EST 2009

Hi all!

I've just finished devel. application and while testing I found strange
behavior in IE6. I am using OL 2.7. (FireFox works well)
So what is happening?

First, I clear all temporary internet files, history in ie6 and restart
browser.
Then, when calling setCenter() method on OpenLayers.Map instance, map is
centered and zoomed, but there are some missing tiles:
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2303623/sample.jpg

I have example of this available here: (it is almost the same what am I
doing in real app. )
http://razvoj.vizualis.si/ol/index.html
http://razvoj.vizualis.si/ol/index.html

I found out that, when I remove event listener (line 12):
OpenLayers.Event.observe('test',"click",OpenLayers.Function.bind(this.test,this));
and register method call directly on element (link), there are no missing
tiles.
JS source is here:
http://razvoj.vizualis.si/ol/js/map.js
http://razvoj.vizualis.si/ol/js/map.js

In my real app. I am using prototype-1.6.0.3 and Event.observe for event
hooking, but there is the same behavior.

Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone experienced this before?
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.