[OpenLayers-Users] My map is displayed only at zoom level 0

amila.maha amila.maha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 06:47:23 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to display a map from MapServer in OpenLayer. But it is
displayed only when the zoom level is zero. When the zoom level is some
other level, only a white image is shown.

Can somebody help me with this??

This is my javascript code segment for creating the map.

var map_sv = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "Clouds",

"http://localhost:7788/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/openlayer/map/wms-test.map",
		{layers: "clouds", isBaseLayer: "true"});

This is my map file.

NAME "WMS-test"
STATUS ON
SIZE 512 256
SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.sym
EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
UNITS METERS
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
IMAGETYPE png
FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/ms4w/proj/nad/"

WEB
  IMAGEPATH "C:/ms4w/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
  METADATA
    "wms_title"     "WMS Demo Server"  ##required
    "wms_onlineresource" "http://localhost:7788/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?"
##required
    "wms_srs"				"EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
  END
END

PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:42304"   ##required