[OpenLayers-Users] Avoid colliding Popups

Perry Cox cleolas at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 07:35:33 EST 2009

Hello,

My Problem: I'm adding several popups (FramedCloud) to my map, i.e. that
multiple popups shall be open at same time. But the popups overlapp very
often, though there would be enough free space if the popup would have been
drawn in another direction (e.g. "top-right" instead of "bottom-left").

Now the questions:

- Is there a method for optimizing the "drawing-direction" of several popups
in relation to each other?

- Is there a method for influencing the "drawing-direction" of a
FramedCloud-Popup. My assumption is, that a FramedCloud is drawn relative to
the AnchorPosition on the map: If it's anchor is in the top-left quadrant of
the actual view, then the FramedCloud will open to bottom-right. Is that
correct? May I influence this behaviour?

Thanks, perry