[OpenLayers-Users] Building static tilecache with ESRI software

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:51:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out the easiest/best way to create a static tile
> cache (prerendered) of a map layout created in ArcGIS to be accessed
> using OpenLayers.

Have you considered using arcmap2sld
(http://wald.intevation.org/projects/arcmap2sld/ ) to convert to a
standard SLD representation of the style and then using GeoServer and
tilecache. I have my students play with this during my course to try
to wean them of their ESRI habit and they seem to find it works ok. I
don't have any ESRI products on my machine so I've never tested it
myself but for a reasonable style it allegedly works quite well.

Ian