[OpenLayers-Users] Overlapping CSS controls on the Map Window

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sat Feb 28 07:36:17 EST 2009

I tried to create a CSS-based form and for lack of screen real estate I
put it over the OpenLayers-controlled map window. But even though my
form was visible and on top, the onclick event I had attached to one of
its buttons never got the focus. It seems that OpenLayers controls all
the "airspace" over its map window, intercepting all the mouse activity.

Is it possible to set it so that I can have all mouse activity in my
form window seen by my form first? I would need to do this for drop-down
CSS menus too, if they overlap the map window. Or am I trying to do
something unreasonable?

- Bill Thoen