[OpenLayers-Users] ActiveXObject is not defined and FireBug on Linux

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 06:53:54 EST 2009

Hi List

I am trying to debug a javascript problem, so I have firebug enabled,
but my openlayers application keeps on scraming about "ActiveXObject is
not defined".

You can ignore this problem by just clicking on the blue next button,
but I would like to get to the bottom of this problem.

Having tried to access the www.openlayers.org site, its coming up with
the same problem, so its not just my application.

Any suggestions ?

I working with openlayers 2.7 on a Linux box.

What is werid is that I have always through that ActiveXObject  would be
a windoz problem.

Dave.