[OpenLayers-Users] Recommendations for Map data?

Warren Vick wvick at europa-tech.com
Tue Jan 6 06:01:39 EST 2009

Hello Arnie,

My company is a world map data vendor currently working with Mapnik tile
rendering displayed with OpenLayers. It's the same small scale data
that's used in Google Earth/Maps and numerous other services. We've got
our data working well which would take you down to a reasonable zoom
level with a tile volume that would not be a burden on a disconnected
machine. We plan to make this available as a commercial pre-rendered TMS
tile set for OpenLayers. Licence costs are yet to be finalised but will
be pretty low in comparison with taking commercial vector data. We have
one customer who is trialling our data with OSM for street level views
in the areas available. This give global completeness at small scale and
good (but limited) street level coverage.

If you're only looking for coverage of the US, you will have a few data
options available. However, if you may need something international in
the future, please do get in touch and I'll arrange access to a tile
set.

Regards,
Warren Vick
Europa Technologies Ltd.