[OpenLayers-Users] How to implement draggable Markers?

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 7 10:28:41 EST 2009

KartoPete wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I#m working with OpenLayers2.6 and try make my markers draggable. I tried a
> few edited classes I found here but it wouldn't work out, even the posted
> example(long time ago) wouldn't work on my machine. Does anyone know if
> draggable markers is already working with the new or future versions? Or has
> someone a idea on how to implement this?
> thx Pete

Something that you can do is to create a new class "DraggableMarker"
that inherit of OpenLayers.Marker. This class will mainly handle 2
events: mouseup and mousedown:

 this.events.register('mousedown', this, this._markerDown);
 this.events.registerPriority('mouseup', this, this._markerUp);

After that, the mousedown function will activate the event "mousemove"
and the mouseup will disable it. And the mousemove handle will calculate
the new position and move the marker on the fly.

Hope this help.
Alan

--
Alan Boudreault