[OpenLayers-Users] IE strategies

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Jan 7 10:54:40 EST 2009

Hi All,

You've seen my previous post about IE issues with a large number of
features.  Well, our customers all use IE and there's unfortunately no
way around that.  Not being able to use OL with a decent number of
featues in IE is an almost showstopper for us, so I'm asking the
community :

- are there IE users out there ?

- what do you do to cope with the limitations of IE ?

I heard about people shoving a WMS layer at small scales to avoid having
a large number of features then coming back to "feature mode" at larger
scales.  Is that all there is to do ?

I understand this has nothing to do with OL but we're stuck with IE for
a good while here ...

TIA,

Yves