[OpenLayers-Users] IE strategies

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Jan 8 10:37:31 EST 2009

Yves Moisan wrote:
> I did some tests with the maxFeature param of the vector layer to keep
> the number of features down and I find that zooming in does not
> invalidate the bounds so that I'm stuck with the N features I got for
> the parent zoom level, irrespective of the fact that there are features
> that were missed at the parent zoom level that should now show up.  For
> example, if I ask for 50 features out of the 1000, I get points in the
> upper right corner.  If I ask for 500, I get a better point
> distribution.  I understand I'm getting the features sequentially in
> some order so it may well be that the 50 first features are all bunched
> up in some corner but when I zoom in in an area I did not get any point
> for and for which I know there are features I should see maxFeature=50
> features.  But I don't see anything.  That's the only part left for me
> to clear.

What you are describing looks like you do not use the BBOX strategy. Add
OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX to your vector layer's strategies array. This
will also ensure that, once you are zoomed in far enough, all features
will be visible, even if you set a maxfeatures parameter.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar