[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers and asp.net asmx Service

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 07:53:34 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to connect to an asp.net asmx service which returns an array of
points in xml. I would then parse through this and add markers for each
coordinate pair. Is it possible to connect to and parse through the results
of an asp.net asmx service returning xml?

In addition to the above, I would then like to be able to drag a marker and
save the new coordinates back to the database using Ajax. Again, is this
possible.

I have an example using asp.net with Ajax (aspx) and google maps but I would
like to be able to do the same with OpenLayers and a standard html page i.e.
no requirement for the server side stuff to be written in asp.net ajax
(aspx).

Any help really appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards,