[OpenLayers-Users] Hover control sample (share)

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:10:27 EST 2009

Thanks for sharing your code Alexandre.

I thought about a Feature control in the past. That control would use
a Feature handler internally and would be configured to work either in
hover or click mode, just like the SelectFeature control. But, as
yours, it wouldn't select features, but just trigger events when
features are hovered or clicked. To avoid code duplication I also
imagined that the SelectFeature control could be based on that control
instead of relying directly on the Feature handler.

But I had the same reasoning as you: why bother? Building a custom
Feature handler-based control is easy enough...

But, actually, there are so many people needing that thing that it may
be valuable to have it in trunk.

Cheers,

Eric