[OpenLayers-Users] VE base layer tiles are loading when they are not the active base layer

RFeagin ryan.feagin at PEACHTREEGEOGRAPHICS.COM
Fri Jan 16 16:12:33 EST 2009

I have an OL map with multiple base layers, two of which are Virtual Earth
layers with sphericalMercator = true.  I'm trying to have the map show one
of my WMS base layers by default.  I add the default base layer first and
that is what is displayed on the map. But if I watch the tile requests being
made on the page's initial load, I see that the VE layers are still being
loaded behind my default base map.  It does not continue requesting the VE
tiles when panning or zooming, only on the intial page load.  I have tried
setting visibility: false but it doesn't seem to matter.