[OpenLayers-Users] MapGuide overlay session ID requirements

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Sat Jan 17 07:01:37 EST 2009

In a rudimentary test I set up OpenLayers with a WMS layer and a MapGuide
layer pointing to the same map on the MapGuide server that returns points
from an Oracle database, and the MapGuide layer loads noticeably faster. If
the MapGuide server caches this data too then that's even better.

I have another map on the server that's built from WFS layers from a remote
location. Using the OpenLayers WMS layer class to access these puts a real
strain on the MapGuide server and in fact we get all sorts of memory
problems. If I use the MapGuide layer class to access these, will MapGuide
cache them?

I suppose ideally we should access the remote WFS layers directly from
OpenLayers, but that's not possible for security reasons.