[OpenLayers-Users] Problem whit "Same-origin policy"

Pablo Díaz inspdr00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:56:21 EST 2009

Hello list,

Well, excuse my English.

I've an application with OpenLayers, Tomcat an Geoserver.
When I try to connect my application in tomcat with vector layers in
Geoserver, I've no problem if geoserver runs in port 80 (the same as
tomcat), but when I try to connect when geoserver runs in port 8080 I
get the next exception by firebug:

Access to restricted URI denied"  code: "1012
http://localhost/VisorOL/javascript/OpenLayers-2.7/OpenLayers.js
Line 513

Seaching, I found that this error means that I broke the "Same-origin
policy", but I don't know how arrange this problem.

I need geoserver runs in port 8080 not in port 80.

Some idea?.