[OpenLayers-Users] DrawFeature control not working properly

Jatin Ambasana jatin.a at iworktech.com
Tue Jan 20 00:52:24 EST 2009

Hello Eric,

>What OpenLayers version do you use?

I use OpenLayers-2.7 latest version.

>Changeset 8616 (<http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/8616>) should
>fix it, give trunk a try.

Yes Thank you very much Eric..... it has solved my problem....=)
I am able to draw the polygon on single click and also add it in the
layer.....

Here is the code added in zip file that I have done to just draw a circle of
specific size on just one click and also it provides a functionality that
user can draw only one circle at a time..... it could be useful for someone
else also.....

But Eric,
There is one problem that I think I need to inform you about...
I updated both the files
from http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/8616
i.e.
1) trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Handler/RegularPolygon.js (modified) (1
diff)
2) trunk/openlayers/tests/Handler/RegularPolygon.html (modified) (1 diff)

Now when I tested the RegularPolygon.html in
http://localhost/OpenLayers-2.7/tests/run-tests.html

It gives one error while testing.... I am pasting the output in italics
below:

Handler/RegularPolygon.html: fail 1 ok 6 (detailed: fail 0 ok 25)
test_Handler_RegularPolygon_constructor ok 3
ok constructor calls parent with the correct control
ok constructor calls parent with the correct callbacks
ok regular polygon constructor calls parent with the correct options

test_Handler_RegularPolygon_activation ok 3
ok activate returns false if the handler was already active
ok activate returns true if the handler was not already active
ok deactivate returns true if the handler was active already

test_Handler_RegularPolygon_deactivation ok 1
ok deactivate doesn't throw an error if layer was previously destroyed

test_Handler_RegularPolygon_four_corners ok 7
ok correct bounds after move
ok geometry has 5 components
ok geometry is a polygon
ok feature radius as set on handler
ok correct bounds after move with a fixed radius
ok bounds with manual radius setting
ok bounds with manual radius setting and mousemove

test_Handler_RegularPolygon_circle ok 7
ok correct bounds after move
ok geometry has correct numbre of components
ok geometry is a polygon
ok feature radius as set on handler
ok correct bounds after move with fixed radius
ok bounds with manual radius setting
ok bounds with manual radius setting and mousemove

test_Handler_RegularPolygon_irregular ok 4
ok correct right
ok correct bottom
ok correct left
ok correct top

test_callbacks planned 1 assertions but got 0; fail 0 ok 0
exception: : object: 'bottom' is null or not an object