[OpenLayers-Users] Appliaction loads the first google tile and then gives up

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 19:58:37 EST 2009

Hi

Am trying to load a google map via the gwt plug in and its not working.

As far as I can tell openlayers is correctly requesting the map tiles
from google maps(I have traced the net connection via firefox and you
can see all the tiles being downloaded)

When the program loads, a google map is shown in the left hand side of
the viewport, but its cliped to about a 3rd of the viewport.

If you scroll to the left or the right, the next tile is loaded, the
image now takes up two thirds of the viewport.

If you scroll to far to the right, the image drops back to left hand 1/3
of the viewport.

As far as I can make out I have zoomed to Extends of the map(I do this
after the map is loaded)

I have the projection set to EPGS:900913 ie Sperical Mercator.

The maxResolution is set.

I have tried the program with displayOutsideMaxExtent set to both true
or false, it does not appear to effect the result.

Setting a listener for a map loaded finshed loading event, never gets
called?

If I chage to map, a wms server everything seems to work correctly

Whap appears to be happening,  is thats gives up after loading the first
tile, had any body seen anything like this before?

Dave.