[OpenLayers-Users] How to add a an overlay on top of a map?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Jan 22 00:18:03 EST 2009

newbie wrote:
> want to add a layer where I can like draw polygon and capture the
> coordinates accordingly. How can I do this ?

In my opinion, the #1 rule of "How do I... in OpenLayers" is to look
over the rich set of examples. The examples include drawing and
capturing shapes, rendering commercial datasets, popups, and a zillion
other tricks.

Look through the examples for a likely title, e.g. draw_vector.html, and
pop it open in a browser nd in Notepad, and most of your questions
should be answered.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA