[OpenLayers-Users] Hover control sample (share)

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jan 22 14:47:59 EST 2009

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Sorry, the above should read: "I'm not suggesting to change the
> feature's render intent".
>
> --
> Eric

Hey Eric, users,

First question : How do change a feature's style with the renderIntent
value without changing the feature's renderIntent ?

  layer.drawFeature(feature, intent), if intent is a string of the
renderIntent, will actually change change the renderIntent of the
feature in StyleMap.createSymbolizer : feature.renderIntent = intent.
Giving a style object instead works, it doesn't change the feature's
renderIntent.

Second question : Is there a reason for this behavior ?  I guess it's
normal to assume that drawing a feature giving only a string of the
intent means its renderIntent must change at the same time...  What do
you think ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears