[OpenLayers-Users] custom feature markers

Samuli Saarinen samuli.saarinen at remion.com
Tue Jan 27 07:18:10 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm creating an application which uses OL to show objects on a map. I'm
using OL to load KML file from the server using vector layer with BBOX
strategy and HTTP protocol.

It all works fine but there is one problem. I should be able to draw
markers for the features dynamically based on some values on the kml
data. I have tried to find an example that does this but so far I
haven't been able to find one. All the examples I have found use the
style framework with either the graphicName to show predifined symbols
or externalGraphic to show custom static images.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to use other graphics than the
predefined ones (circle, x, etc.).

Thanks in advance,

Samuli