[OpenLayers-Users] Any options for an introductory OpenLayers training?

Freeman, Aleda (EEA) Aleda.Freeman at state.ma.us
Fri Jan 30 12:28:47 EST 2009

I think I have a number of users who would really love an OpenLayers
training workshop (myself included).  A hands-on few hours "how to get
started with OpenLayers".  The online examples are good, but sometimes
it helps to have a training to get jump started.  I went to a 4 hours
"how to get started with Google Maps API" training earlier this week and
I found it very helpful.  The trainer did a Powerpoint and then let us
work on a tutorial while he went around the room helping us as we got
stuck.  Maybe something similar to this:
http://openlayers.org/blog/2008/10/29/openlayers-workshop-from-foss4g-20
08/ but with examples from MassGIS WMS.

MassGIS has the GeoServer WMS, a web server where people could put their
stuff in their own directories, and a training room.  Now we just need a
trainer.  Is there anyone from the OpenLayers project who does this kind
of training?  Is there a fee involved?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Aleda Freeman
MassGIS
251 Causeway St. 5th floor
Boston, MA 02114
phone: 617-626-1193
fax: 617-626-1249
http://www.mass.gov/mgis - MassGIS
http://lyceum.massgis.state.ma.us - Webservices Wiki
MassGIS is the Commonwealth's Office of Geographic and Environmental
Information, located in the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental
Affairs
-------
if you send me mail and don't get the reply that you expect, your
message may have been filtered as spam - please call me to let me know.