[OpenLayers-Users] LayerSwitcher outside the map

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Wed Jul 1 01:53:14 EDT 2009

Hello list,

Perhaps somebody can help me. I try to realise the LayerSwitcher outside the map. I read the example "layerswitcher".

First I make my own div where I want to place the result.

Then I realise a control like this:

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher({'div':OpenLayers.Util.getElement('mapSwitcher')}));

It works, but it will always be dispalyed in the upper right of my window. My div (mapSwitcher) has an absolute position in the right. The Layerswitcher should be displayed in this.

Can somebody help me? I don't know why it is always displayed in the upper right. I will show it under the LayerSwitcher Title on the right.

A lot of thanks for your help and for your tipps.

Greetings

Hanno

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik

ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen

Fachstelle Geoinformatik

Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil

Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592

Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580