[OpenLayers-Users] Invisible ZoomBox

acangi aca at ngi.be
Thu Jul 16 05:54:17 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm trying to use the controls Navigation and ZoomBox separately : using my
other (non-openlayers) controls, I'd like to switch between Navigation and
ZoomBox, like it's done here :
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/navtoolbar-alwaysZoom.html
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/navtoolbar-alwaysZoom.html , but with my
own switchers.

The problem is : I can't see the control switchers like on the example (to
select one or the other), I have to use SHIFT to create a zoombox, and I
can't see the zoombox I'm drawing.

I copy/pasted the class CustomNavToolbar from the example, and this is my
map :

function createMap(){
        var bounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(500000, 500000, 810000, 800000);
        map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', {
                controls: [new OpenLayers.Control.CustomNavToolbar(),
                           //new
OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBox({alwaysZoom:true}),
                           //new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation(),
                           new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar()],
                theme: null,
                maxExtent: bounds,
                maxResolution: 1210.9375,
                numZoomLevels: 11,
                projection: PROJECTION,
                units: 'm'
        });
        // Create an invisible and light layer to display before the user
chooses the baselayer
        // Openlayers always needs one baselayer
        var clearBaseLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Image(
                        "None",
                        "/PrintOnDemand/img/clear.gif",
                        bounds,
                        new OpenLayers.Size(8, 8),
                        {isBaseLayer: true}
                );
        map.addLayer(clearBaseLayer);
        map.baseLayer = clearBaseLayer;
}

Also, there are several WMS layers, a vector layer and I'm adding a
DragFeature(vectorLayer) later on.

How comes I don't see the switches to choose between Navigation and ZoomBox
? The fact I don't see the box I'm drawing makes me think of a z-index
problem, but linking the panel to a div and changing that div's z-index
doesn't change anything.

Any idea ?

OpenLayers 2.7, Firefox 3.5