[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with WMS server

Trond Michelsen trondmm-openlayers at crusaders.no
Fri Jul 17 20:13:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:03:42PM -0400, Ian Turton wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Trond
> Michelsen<trondmm-openlayers at crusaders.no> wrote:
>> Table 1:
>> Char  Reserved Usage
>>  ?   Separator indicating start of query string.
>>  &   Separator between parameters in query string.
>>  =   Separator between name and value of parameter.
>>  /   Separator between MIME type and subtype in format parameter value.
>>  :   Separator between Namespace and Identifier in SRS parameter value.
>>  ,   Separator between individual values in list-oriented parameters.
>> In this case the / is used as a separator in a format parameter value,
>> and it's actually wrong of openlayers to encode it.
> Well spotted I'd only looked as far as the first paragraph.

And to make things a bit more interesting - in WMS 1.3.0, "/" and ":"
has been removed from this list, so a patch will need to take WMS
versions into consideration too.

I'm starting to think that this bug is not worth fixing. The solution
will probably be very convoluted, and there are probably not that many
WMS servers out there that'll croak if / and : are encoded.

--
Trond Michelsen