[OpenLayers-Users] Customize layer switcher look and feel

Jay Douillard jay.douillard at ubc.ca
Thu Jun 4 17:02:21 EDT 2009

Peter,

As far as I know all the styling for the layerswitcher is hardcoded into the javascript, so you can't control it from style.css

you can add this to your javascript:
map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher({'div':OpenLayers.Util.getElement('layerswitcher')}));

Then you have named the layerswitcher parent div.  From there you can hack the styles with javascript.

Better yet,
http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Control/LayerSwitcher.js

modify the layer switcher so the style attributes are exposed to the style.css file.. I'm sure many people would find that useful.

jay