[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers + ArcGIS Server 9.3 + WFS-T

Usman Iqbal usmani at omnilink.com.au
Mon Jun 8 21:07:36 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have recently subscribed to this list, and hope that someone here would be
able to help me.

I am working on a web-based application which has been developed using the
ESRI JavaScript API for fetching cached maps from ArcGIS Server 9.3. There
is a requirement in this project to be able to create study areas, my
research has led to the use of OpenLayers. There are a few examples floating
around the internet (Mainly from the ESRI Developers Summit 2008) which
shows how to use OpenLayers for WFS-T  editing of features hosted on SDE.

My query is related to the fusion of JavaScript API and OpenLayers,since our
project is already using ESRI JavaScript API, I don't intend to change these
functionalities to start using OpenLayers. I only want to use OpenLayers for
editing features. So using JavaScript API for visualisation, and OpenLayers
for editing. Do you guys think this is a workable solution?

Cheers,

Usman