[OpenLayers-Users] Layers not loading data

Kevin Galligan kgalligan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 23:06:26 EDT 2009

Did all this stuff, and it looked like the mapping was off, which was
pretty frustrating.  The data was showing up, but it was consistently
off by about 10 miles south.  In a last ditch effort, I tried a
different source for the projection info for postgis.  That fixed it.
Now the data maps up right on top of where its supposed to.  Really,
really sweet!

Here's the right one...

http://www.easywms.com/easywms/?q=en/node/3592

Look towards the bottom for 'INSERT into spatial_ref_sys (srid, auth_...'

The one that didn't quite work out was here...

http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/6627/

Linked from here...

http://veryspatial.blogspot.com/2008/12/use-open-street-map.html