[OpenLayers-Users] php gml export example

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Jun 10 03:24:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Nicholas
Efremov-Kendall<n.e.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize for the deluge of questions. Does anyone have a reference for
> getting a postgres/mysql database query into a gml file for export?

I am not sure there is one, because you would be re-inventing the
wheel by implementing this in PHP. You may want to have a look at
GeoServer [1] (configurable via web-based GUI, requires Java JDK) or
FeatureServer (config file, requires Python). The former implements
various OGC [3] standards, and can also render map tiles (using the
WMS standard, like e.g. also UMN MapServer [4]), the latter provides a
lean REST API. All of the mentioned products work well with
OpenLayers.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://geoserver.org/