[OpenLayers-Users] Open Spaces

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jun 10 07:40:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:18:39PM +0100, Tom (JDi Solutions) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Open Layers currently supports a number of other mapping APIs in order to
> get their imagery and use their services e.g. Google, Yahoo, etc...
>
> Ordnance Survey's offering (http://openspace.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/openspace/)
> is based on OpenLayers 2.7 and includes the ability get OS maps as well as
> Post code searches.
>
> Are there any plans to add Open Spaces services to the Open Layers API?

Several people have done so for themselves. I would personsally be wary
of doing so without at least a vauge agreement with Ordnance Survey,
since it strikes me as basically the same thing that they issued a C&D
for (the GOogle Eath thing) -- using their tiles directly outside of
their API.

Id love to see the OSOS people get more involved in the OL community,
but my past efforts to make that happen have all failed thus far.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta