[OpenLayers-Users] reprojection issue

Michael O'Cleirigh michael.ocleirigh at rivulet.ca
Wed Jun 10 13:55:15 EDT 2009

Hi Nick,

I have my layers in a PostGIS database with a structure like:

Original Table:

id integer
zone integer
the_geom geometry

I originally created the table using the 'shp2pgsql' to convert from a
shapefile.

The process to change the geometry I used was to create a new table with
the geometry column transformed using the st_transform function:

select id, zone, st_transform (the_geom, 4269) as the_geom into
degree_projection_table from meter_projection_table_26717 ;

Then I create a new layer in Geoserver from this modified table and
check what the layer looks like in OpenLayers.

I haven't used either of the tools you mention but its my understanding
that the st_transform function is standards based so should be available
via an API.

Regards,

Mike