[OpenLayers-Users] Google license

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 11 14:43:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 01:29:23PM -0500, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Christopher
> Schmidt<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:44:08AM -0500, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> >> I haven't had a chance to really dig into into the OL.Layer.Google
> >> code,
> >
> > I would recommend that you do so before suggesting that OpenLayers is
> > doing something wrong, as your email seems to.
>

> You're right - I was completely wrong about what I thought was going
> on. It wasn't my intention to imply that OpenLayers was doing
> something wrong. I phrased my question poorly and I'm sorry that it
> came across that way. Thanks for taking the time to clear it up.

It's okay. part of the reason I'm sensitive to it is that it's a
commonly held belief that OpenLayers is violationg ToS in order to
achieve what it does, so I have to work hard to convince people that's
not the case. your email wasn't particularly strong on this point, but
things can -- and have been, many times -- quoted out of context to
prove some assertion in this regard.

I'm glad I could clear it up; sorry if my attidue was a bit harsh.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta