[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer with dinamic data

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Tue Jun 30 13:42:21 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing and I followed your advice -
using vector + BBOX, but I hit a snag - because my POI layer has a lot
of elements, I would like to enable this layer only for a certain zoom
level (when the user is really close). Is there some standard
functionality for a layer - making it visible (and doing the queries)
only from a zoom level onwards?

If I try to fix things server-side (not returning anything if the zoom
is to low), openlayers will not query again because the zoomed BBOX is
included in the original BBOX and it thinks nothing changed...

Thanks,
Adrian