[OpenLayers-Users] How to turn MapServer Layer into WMS Layer

Ben Madin ben at ausvet.com.au
Tue May 12 21:16:14 EDT 2009

G'day all,

This is a very concise solution to turning a MapServer layer into a
WMS layer - which took me ages to figure out last month - so I'm
posting it back to the list in the hope it helps someone else one day.

Thanks Christopher.

On 09/05/2009, at 4:20 AM, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> 1. Stop using Layer.MapServer. You're honly hurting yourself here.
> Instead, make your MapServer a WMS by adding:
>  metadata
>    wms_srs "epsg:32119 epsg:4326"
>  end
> To your 'web' section of your mapfile, then change Layer.MapServer to
> Layer.WMS. (No other changes are needed.)

Ben Madin
AusVet Animal Health Services
Broome   Western Australia

t : +61 8 9192 5455