[OpenLayers-Users] store getfeatureinfo results in variables

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Thu Nov 5 22:36:42 EST 2009

Hi,

On 06/11/09 01:40, stash wrote:
> Hi,
> how do I get the result of my output in a variable just like in the example
> (data). I searched with firebug but I didn't find my gml (which is my
> info_format).
>
> Examples from openlayers work with an xmlhttprequest. This doesn't work in
> my case because of the not working proxy.

Ah, yes, you open a window with a URL that gets HTML back. If you want
the flexibility you were asking for, I think you'll stay stuck until you
overcome the proxy hurdle.

Where do you serve your HTML from? Apache on port 80? And your GeoServer
is on port 8080? If you place your proxy.cgi in your cgi-bin directory,
it should work (make sure its exececutable). Or otherwise, why not setup
Apache to proxy pass all requests to /geoserver/* to
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/*? Then you don't need a proxy script at
all.

Regards, Roald

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.