[OpenLayers-Users] Graphic line stroking?

Drew Toto dtoto at pdsg.com
Mon Nov 9 14:11:41 EST 2009

Hi all-

I've done a lot of research in the past week on trying to figure out a
way to render lines using a repeating graphic or pattern for the stroke.
>From what I can tell, it doesn't look like this feature is supported
currently, as the underlying implementations (SVG, VML, Canvas) present
problems and/or limitations.  Does anyone have any ideas or advice for
accomplishing this feat?

I've considered a sloppy hack for repeating basic patterns... define a
pattern and an offset, then at each offset on the line, calculate new
points based on the pattern and insert them into the line's point
collection.  This would add a significant number of points to the line
(especially with a complex pattern) and doesn't seem like a clean
solution at all.  Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks.