[OpenLayers-Users] Save jpg from actual Mapview

Kris Geusebroek kgeusebroek at xebia.com
Thu Nov 12 10:01:15 EST 2009

Hi Hanno,

This will be possible when I'm finished investigating the use of html5 canvas for openlayers. ;-)

My plan is to show the layers inside a canvas which then is just a image which can be saved.

If you can't wait for me to be finished you might want to experiment yourself a bit.

It's easy to create a canvas element and add images to it so you might want to get the WMS requests from the layers and add them to a canvas for saving.

Of course I'm assuming that your map consists of WMS layers only now.

Hope this helps a bit

Feel free to contact me if you need more info

Cheers Kris