[OpenLayers-Users] How Do I Contribute to the User Examples?

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Sep 1 15:48:36 EDT 2009

Hey Bill-

thanks for your efforts on cursors documentation.

You could provide a user example (in
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/) and link to it from the wiki. To do
so, please create a ticket and provide a patch (see
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute).

Another option would be to create a ticket and patch against
http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/doc/, which is the file structure that
creates http://docs.openlayers.org. Unfortunately this would require to
convert the wiki content that you already created to rst.

Let me know if you have more questions or need further assistance.

Regards,
Andreas.

Bill Thoen wrote:
> I didn't get any response when I asked this last Sunday, so I thought
> I'd try again on a week day when everybody's less busy.
>
> I've recently put together a map demonstration and a short tutorial that
> explains a bit about creating and using custom and built-in cursors in
> OpenLayers that I'd like to contribute to the community. I know how to
> post the text part to the wiki, but how do I add the map that goes with
> it?  Is there a procedure for uploading working demos, or should I just
> post the map code with the article? This demo map is styled after the
> ones in the Examples (at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/), so it
> runs quick and takes up little space. So if someone could tell me how I
> should add my two or three grains of knowledge to the documentation, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Regards,
> - Bill Thoen

Andreas Hocevar