[OpenLayers-Users] gain performance by 300+ features

Michael Handerek osm at handerek.net
Wed Sep 2 03:44:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have to display some linefeatures generated from a set of gps position
data. To do so, i have created a vector layer and a linestring feature
from it. The data also contains information about moving direction I
also have to render on the map. I tried to add point features to
the vector layer with an external graphic rotated according the moving
direction. If I render more than 300 features, the map will get
extremely slow. I have a average amount of 1000+ features to render.

How can I render a high amount of features and gain performance?

Regards,
Michael