[OpenLayers-Users] IE 7/8 Openlayers.js single File Problem

Max Weidemann max.weidemann at freenet.de
Thu Sep 3 09:03:51 EDT 2009

Hello List,

i have a problem with the single file Libary of Openlayers.
(i use the version linked on the Homepage: "OpenLayers 2.8 -- $Revision:
9492 $")

The Problem is the following:
I try to show some different vectorlayer on a google map.
Some Features of the vectorlayer have labels.
If i use the multi file libary everything works fine, but if the single file
libary is in use the IE8 throws an Error wich looks like this. >>> Invalid
Argument (Openlayers.js line 597 character 110)<<<

style.addRule('olv\\:*',"behavior: url(#default#VML); "+"position: absolute;
display: inline-block;");

The IE7 throws no Error but did not show the labels and in Firefox there are
no Problems.
I have tested if it works without labels but IE8 throws the same Error.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be.
Is there anything i could do to solve the problem???

cheers
Max