[OpenLayers-Users] A single Editing Toolbar for multiple vector layers?

cgp carina_palanca at forcorp.com
Thu Sep 3 15:26:53 EDT 2009

Hello, I'm fairly new to OpenLayers and would appreciate some help.

I have a basic web application that uses the Google Maps API. Right now I'm
just playing around with OpenLayers for training. I've looked at a lot of
examples and I've noticed that the Editing Toolbar is always used with just
one single vector layer. I may be missing something but I would definitely
like the option to have just that one single editing toolbar for multiple
different layers, like this:

var vector1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Vector Layer 1");
var vector2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Vector Layer 2");
var vector3 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Vector Layer 3");

map.addLayers([ vector1 , vector2 , vector3 ]);

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar([ vector1 , vector2 ,
vector3 ])); //<----I want this

How can this be done? I've done a lot of research but I'm unable to come up
with anything.

Thanks in advance.