[OpenLayers-Users] remote kml file onto google projection

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Thu Sep 3 15:54:14 EDT 2009

Hi Jonathan,

is the KML file located on the same server? If so, are you referencing
it by a full URL (e.g. 'http://www.example.com/file.kml') or via a
relative location (e.g. './file.kml')? I found the latter to be more
failsafe.

If the file is located under a different domain (e.g.
'http://data.example.com/file.kml' and your code lives at
'http://somethingelse.example.com') AFAIK there is no proper alternative
to using any sort of proxy.

Regards,