[OpenLayers-Users] How can I get the bounds of the map when zooming?

Adrián Ribao Martínez aribao at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 05:32:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I need to show some points loaded using ajax and geojson into the map. I want the points to be just in the area of the map that is shown, so when I zoom I need the bounds of the map and make a new ajax request with the bounds as parameters.

Can this be done? Where can I find examples and docs about this?

I think it would work like this:

1. Load the map with some features
2. The user zooms in a region
3. I get the bounds of the map and call an ajax function with the bounds as parameter
3. I retrieve the new geojson with the points of that area and draw the into the map

I need to do this in order to increase the number of features available in the map when the users zoom into a region.

Any example would be great, as I'm starting with openlayers, geodjango and gis systems and It's hard at the beginning :)

Best regards,

Adrian Ribao