[OpenLayers-Users] Layer visibility problem

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:16:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been trying to load layers at higher zoomin levels using MAX/MIN
SCALEDOM but i find that the layers are being loaded at PageLoad but only
visible at those zoom levels(scale).
Regarding your method I need to ask the following questions:

1) How do u decide when the layers are required by the user?
2) How to check if a layer is already loaded?
3) I was trying to check the scale and load layers accordingly. Initially
when the Page loads the scale is 1:3M
 I was trying to get this value using the getScale() method but it is giving
different value.I also tried the getResolution() method but it is also
giving different value.
How to check the scale and load layers accordingly?

Regards.