[OpenLayers-Users] Control documentation incomplete, inconsistent and misleading

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:26:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org> wrote:
> So if you are still willing to contribute, a patch for that would be nice.
> If you do not want to follow the procedure on
> http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute, then please let me know
> what you would like to read in the docs for the constructor arguments, and I
> will change the docs.

I will be happy to follow the procedures at HowToContribute, but that
link, as far as I can see, does not indicate on how to contribute
new/better documentation. Seems like my only option is to send the
docs to you, and that seems to be ok with you.

By the way, I discovered one more place where documentation is almost
non-existent, and the behavior is inconsistent -- that is in how OL
calls WMS vs. MapServer. Once again, the answer was in a mailing list
archive. I can send that also to you. Just let me know.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org