[OpenLayers-Users] WMS server error. Requested layer(s) are not queryable.

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:11:30 EDT 2009

Inspired by a recent post, I decided to implement WMSGetFeatureInfo
using the code in the OL examples. However, I am getting the following
error

<ServiceException code="LayerNotQueryable">
msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server error. Requested layer(s) are not queryable.
</ServiceException>

My backend server is MapServer, and per another archived email, I have
my LAYER definition in the mapfile tagged with DUMP true

    LAYER
        NAME 'cds_stands'
        TYPE polygon

        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
        CONNECTION "..."
        DATA 'the_geom FROM cds_stands'

        STATUS on
        DUMP true
        ..

Once I solve the above, I have a follow-up question -- the examples of
WMSGetFeatureInfo I have seen in the wild either don't specify any
layers at all (which, I believe, implies that all layers will be
queried at the point of click) or specify a layer in the code via

layers: [layer1 layer2 ...],

How would I build a widget that allows the user choose which layer to query?

--
Puneet Kishor