[OpenLayers-Users] meta query re. documentation

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 23:01:56 EDT 2009

I have a high level query here, as to how to proceed with developing
with OL. Let's say, I have my data in Pg, and am serving it as WMS via
MapServer. I want to implement WMSGetFeatureInfo. I have the following
two websites

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Control/WMSGetFeatureInfo-js.html
and
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo-popup.html

and the source code of WMSGetFeatureInfo.js

Am I wrong or right in thinking that between the above two URLs and
the Javascript file, I don't have enough information on how to
implement this? Where and how am I supposed to figure out the various
parameters and options for constructing the instance of
WMSGetFeatureInfo and implement it correctly? For example, as reported
in another thread, MapServer is reporting that I have an "Unsupported
INFO_FORMAT value (text/html)". The Javascript code shows that
"text/html" is hard coded as the default value for infoFormat, but I
have no idea what the possible MIME type values are that are
acceptable.

I guess, I am asking for a strategy from you experienced OL
developers... where do I look for all the options and parameters for
the various constructers?

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org