[OpenLayers-Users] How do you "unregister" a getFeatureInfo request?

cgp carina_palanca at forcorp.com
Mon Sep 21 13:45:31 EDT 2009

I have the click event registered like this:

		map.events.register('click', map, function (e) {
			var params = {	REQUEST: "GetFeatureInfo",
						EXCEPTIONS: "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
						BBOX: map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
						X: e.xy.x,
						Y: e.xy.y,
						INFO_FORMAT: 'text/html',
						QUERY_LAYERS: layer_info,
						FEATURE_COUNT: 50,
						Styles: '',
						Layers: layer_info,
						srs: 'EPSG:900913',
						WIDTH: map.size.w,
						HEIGHT: map.size.h,
						format: 'image/png'	};
			OpenLayers.loadURL("http://app-serv-01-uat/geoserver/wms", params, this,
setHTML, setHTML);
			OpenLayers.Event.stop(e);
		});

But I only want the click event to happen if the layer is currently visible
(i.e. if it is checked in the Layer Switcher). Otherwise, if the user is not
currently viewing the layer, then the getFeatureInfo request should not be
called.